Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Is there always a Silver Lining

Hello Friends,


I decided that i needed to blog today to vent my frustration. Have you ever had so many great plans and ideas laid out and ready to be executed and then something derails you, and it breaks your spirit. Well, that is my summer. I was planning on restarting my Fathers Day hiking trip this year, I had a new workout i was beginning, paintballing season, all of that was halted by a restrained achilles diagnosis. Now i have no choice but to take some time off, exactly 4-6 weeks. So needless to say, THAT SUCKS.









With all that being said, I refuse to be depressed about it. Life hands you lemons...... On a lighter note, other than the leg stuff, i have had a fabulous last 2 weeks.




I had to go away for 3 days for work. The New England Institute for Prevention Studies was held in beautiful Bristol R.I. this year.


I was 50 yards away from the Atlantic with a gorgeous ocean view. As stressed out as I was when i got there, i left with a totally different feeling. My blood pressure was a lot lower and i helped me regroup and refocus. It really is amazing how the sounds and smell of the ocean can be such a stress reliever. I had actually forgotten how great it feels to be there, so i decided that i am going to make sure i take a day at the ocean more regularly.

Even though it was a work break, it didn't feel at all like working, and life needs to fell like that more often. In our busy lives we constantly run and run without taking time to slow down and relax. So please people, make sure you take some time and RELAX.




After returning from R.I. i gathered my troops (wife and kids), and we headed to Connecticut for Our oldest adopted daughters wedding. I was truly so honored and blessed to be involved in their wedding. It was a beautiful occasion. My baby has truly come such a long way from the rebellious teenager that gave us constant headaches, to a hardworking woman, mother and wife and i am so proud of her. Walking her down the aisle really tested my emotions and had me sucking back tears. Her new husband Damon is a great man and we love to have him as part of this family. We had a great weekend. The whole family looked fantastic and the food was great. There are a few pictures below. Enjoy.


Now we are moving on to our next journey, summer vacation, somewhere in the mountains. I'll keep you posted.


"We are what we repeatedly do, Excellence therefore is not an act, but a habit"



1 comment:

ursula said...

Morning SUN,
God bless you. I was just thinking about you, and started to call you. Decided to check my mail ans VOILA, There you are. I am so sorry to hear of your unfortunate mishaps.
You know I loved the pics. Yes, she has grown up. BUT, I STILL HATE THAT TATTOO.
I won't be vacationing this year til I come there in October.Mother and The Taylors just got back from Southern Indiana. French Lick. They had a wonderful time. Had a large group. Some friends from church as well as guest from Chi-town.Sorry I had to miss it.But, I will be looking forward to October.
Love you all. See you soon.