Powered By Blogger

Thursday, May 07, 2009

Cyber hug to all Mothers - You deserve the World.


Hello again friends,

Being that Mothers Day is upon us. I felt it remiss to not give a big cyber hug and kiss to all the mothers i know. Cliche as it sounds, you truly are the backbone of our lives.

Sometimes we take our Mothers, wives and girlfriends for granted and not really show them how much we appreciate them. By mothers i am not speaking strictly of the ones that birthed us, but all of the influential, nurturing mother figures we have in our lives. Me personally i have several people that i should be thanking on a daily basis and this is my attempt to let them know that i love and appreciate all that you have done and continue to do for me. Although Mothers Day comes once a year, i want you to all know you are in my heart all the time. This is my Mothers Day Card to all mothers in my life. Thank you....


My Mother and Grandmother

MA- The fact that you live half way across the country is sometimes a struggle for me. No matter how old you get, sometimes you just need your momma. :) I am truly grateful of the relationship we have. I love and appreciate you for the person you are, and i know you feel the same.
I also know that sometimes you worries about me that i am doing too much and never slow down, but i do it so you and everyone else can be proud of the man i am striving to become. We have that telepathy, when something is wrong, you know when to call me. We have grown together more in the past few years, than we ever have before, and i am glad that is the case. I am so proud of you, that it bring tears to my eyes to even write it. You really are a Great mother. THANK YOU FOR BEING YOU!

Nana- You have had a profound impact on my life, and you are a huge inspiration to me. Although you are also 2000 miles away, i still hear your lessons ringing in my ears all the time. I often find myself sounding like you or my mother, And it drives me crazy :) Your love never ceases to amaze me, and i pray that one day you will realize the gifts that you have given me are tools i will cherish my entire life.
To the both of you, THANK YOU with all my heart.

Thank you both for loving and believing in me, even when i didn't believe in myself.

My wife, partner and friend,

Liza- You have been by my side through the best and worst of times, without fail or falter you stood strong and pulled me through. You are the greatest mother my kids could have ever asked for. You inspire our daughter to have strength and resilience through all adversity and inspire me to do my best. Being married to me is one of the hardest jobs anyone could sign on for, and you do it with no complaint, at least not out loud :) You refuse to let me give up and make sure i do everything i can to give back. Thank you for being my partner in this journey. I LOVE YOU.


All My surrogates
In addition, i have so many surrogate mothers also looking out for me and making sure i stay in my place :)
My aunts Brenda, Laney and Cookie, my mother-in-law Iluminada, my good friend Yvonne, my baby sister Cathy and of course my greatest role model Lynne Simonds.
You are all very special to me and i appreciate your influence on my life. You know when i am down, or need to be slapped around to get back on task. You refuse to let me fail and applaud when i succeed, and i thank you for that. Whether it has been for advice, or just an ear to vent to you have all looked out for me. A Happy Mothers Day to you all.

In closing,
Please remember the sacrifices the women in our lives have made for us and make sure that we show them some extra special love, not only on Sunday, but everyday !

4 comments:

mom said...

God Bless You My SUN.
I had just finished writing you a Mothers Day letter.That m/s/p.
Well, I am very Happy to be your Mother. You are someone to be proud of. God made you to be a man of honor and you carry yourself as such. That is something you have done since you were a child.
I am just crazy about your family. My beautiful
daughter-in-heart. Hi Liza.
Love you lots.
My beautiful grands. ALL of them.
Hey kids. Nana misses you all. Love you lots. Evie, write me.I want to hear about the wedding. The rest of you, you got time.
School is first.You guys are great kids. Nana will always keep you in prayer.
Here are BIG HUGS,Koran, keep kicking,Deji keep shooting. Must of all, you guys keep loving.

Liza said...

I know this will come as a surprise as I never express myself for others to read, but i could not resist. As I read your blog I sat at work crying not just because I'm sensitive ( as you say) but because it really is so beautiful to hear/read you write such beautiful things about the women in your life. What can I say I have the GREATEST gift GOD had in store for me. I must say I am BLESSED to have such an amazing man in my life. I LOVE YOU MUCHO LIKE THIS <--------------------------------------------------------------> you get the picture:)

Anonymous said...

Sean, there are NO words to explain how I feel about you. I am crying tears of love, joy, and most of all THANKING GOD for putting you in my life. I love you so much and you have so much to give. You have been the backbone to Mosaic Culture Complex Peace Circles. You give men hope in what it is to be a man, son, father, mentor, friend. We lost one of our men in our group recently and it is very hard, but the inspiring strength comes from God and Sean, and the men in the group to continue the fight. I thank you for your time, and support you give to all that we do together ,you help me in reassessing and be more committed to my relationship with my children to think outside my motherly box and to learn to think and do the relationship differently. There has always been a special love and bond I have with you and your mother, who is a brilliant women that has so much to give, and given so much to others., and her being a warrior goddess of god who has born this beautiful young man name Sean Michael Harris to be one of the greatest men in the world and a mentor to me and my family. Sean God has made us co-creators in the process of your creation, blessing you with wisdom, reason, creativity and skill.



Through faith God’s people conquered kingdoms, performed acts of righteousness, obtained promises, shut the mouths of lions, quenched the power of fire, and escaped the edge of the sword, from weakness war made strong. Became mighty in war, put foreign armies to flight (Heb. 11:33-34)



Love ya, Love ya. I love you and thank you.



Blessings

Brenda

your favorite teacher said...

Hi Sean,
What a beautiful blog ! Your Mom and Grandmother must be very proud. Yes, Liza is a saint !!!!
Thanks for letting me read this.
MsK