Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 18, 2010

Shedding the weight.....While getting what i need.

My Year in 5Th Gear

Shedding the extra weight................

Hello all my friends out there. Well its been quite a while, I really should apologize, but i have just been way too busy to write. Which should never happen considering that it's where i find my solace. I have been re inspired recently to get my writing Jones back. 2010 has brought me a renewed sense of self as well as a sense of urgency like I've never felt before. At the beginning of every year I, like millions of others, make my resolutions for how my year will be different. Sometimes I do very well in achieving them, sometimes, not so well.
One of my main resolutions is that I am going to really look at and evaluate the relationships that I have in my life, and re-evaluate those that have fallen by the wayside. Its sad to say, but the people we have in our lives are not always the ones that allow to be ourselves, and sometimes the people in our inner circle are less supportive than those outside of it. With that being so, I really feel the need to have, keep and create only meaningful positive relationships. If the relationship has no value for me, there is no need to have it as a part of my life. It may sound selfish, but thats where I am at in my life.
Last fall I started on my new diet and began working out to create a healthier lifestyle and recreate myself physically. It never occurred to me that it wasn't only my eating habits that were keeping me unhealthy. I also needed an emotional, spiritual and psychological diet as well; so in addition to shedding my extra pounds, I am working to shed the extra weight that I carry in my heart, mind and soul. Some of that extra weight will come in the form of friendships, mentor ships and other commitments. For me, that is what shedding the extra weight has to entail. It will take a lot of work and some heartache along the way for sure, but i know this HAS to happen. Eliminating things and/or people from our lives is never easy, but is often necessary.

I believe that sometimes we find inspiration and affirmation in places we never expected, at the times we need it most. Recently a good friend of mine suggested a new book for my personal library. I wasn't able to get it right away, which actually turned out to be a blessing in disguise, because when i did get it i was going through a bit of personal turmoil. I came across a a paragraph on page 2 and it really put a huge part of my issue in perspective. It's crazy how a work of fiction can correlate so well with real life situations. The timing was perfect. A paragraph in MIDNIGHT by Sister Souljah has reaffirmed that i am heading in the direction that i need to be heading with the approach that i need to take. Its amazing how sometimes we can get what we need, in places where we least expect it.
In closing, I want to say thanks to all that inspire me to be the best me i can be. I also thank those that still doubt and judge me, it is your inspiration that drives me as well. To all my family, friends and followers thanks for taking your time to read my work. I really do appreciate you. Until we meet again.....
Sean Michael

No comments: